Improve Your English…Small Classes and a Special Environment!
English Now!’s Intensive English Program is for students who want to improve their English proficiency quickly. Our classes are very small - six students maximum - and very interactive, so you use the English you are studying. Watch a short video of two of our Intensive English Program classes:
Our Intensive English Program meets Monday through Thursday from 9:30 am until 2:00 pm. During class, your teacher will explore all dimensions of language learning – speaking, listening, reading, and writing. Grammar topics are addressed, there is emphasis on expansion of active vocabulary, and conversation skills are developed. For a full course description of the program, click here.
On Fridays, students may participate in optional group activities, visiting Washington, DC-area museums, monuments, and cultural destinations, in groups led by one of our instructors.
The maximum number of students per class is six. These are the smallest group class sizes in the Washington, DC area. This ensures that each student receives significant attention. Students at the high beginner level or above may enroll in the Intensive English Program and will be assigned an instructor and a student group at the appropriate level of language proficiency. Placement is based upon a placement test that is conducted at the school (at no charge).
- Dates: Intensive English Program classes meet for four-week terms (except for occasional five-week terms, as noted on calendar at the bottom of the page). Groups are organized on a term-to-term basis. Continuing students progress to a higher level in the curriculum and do not repeat course materials.
- Tuition: Tuition is $740 for all students for each of our four-week Intensive English Program terms. Tuition for five-week terms (see our program calendar above on the left) is $925. Please note that this tuition fee includes the cost of all books & materials. (If you are comparing English Now! with other schools, you should definitely consider the cost of books & materials, which can cost up to $100 per month elsewhere.)
- Tuition for Partial Term: Enrollment in the Intensive English Program for a partial term is $210 per week. Students must enroll in at least three weeks of one of our terms (see term dates below).
- Book & Materials Fees: Included in course tuition for full-term enrollments. Book & materials fee of $40 for partial term enrollments.
- Activities Fees: All students are invited to participate in weekly, Friday activities such as visits to museums and monuments for no additional activity fee. Students pay for the Metro, souvenirs, and lunch if they would like, but admission to most museums is free. An English Now! staff member leads the group.
- Registration Fee: One-time registration fee of $40.
If you have questions, or to learn more on how to enroll in the English Now! Intensive English Program, please visit us at the school, or to enroll click here.
Intensive English Program Terms
July 2-27, 2018
July 30-August 24, 2018
August 27-30, 2018 (one-week interim term)
September 4-28, 2018
October 1-26, 2018
October 29-November 21, 2018
November 26-December 20, 2018
January 7-February 1, 2019
February 4-March 1, 2019
* Five-Week Term