Improve Your English…Small Classes and a Special Environment!
These programs are especially for high beginner to advanced level students who prefer a three- or four-day per week program that follows a curriculum. Classes are small (maximum six students), so students receive personalized attention. Classes focus on all areas of language learning – speaking, listening, reading, vocabulary, grammar and writing.
- Gain confidence speaking and develop the skills to reach personal and professional goals.
- Learn and review essential grammatical constructions.
- Expand vocabulary by using new words in context of engaging materials and conversations.
- Develop listening, reading, and writing skills for a variety of situations.
Flexible Program Options
Choose the three-day program option that works best for you - semi-intensive morning classes until 12:15 p.m. or full intensive classes until 2:15 p.m. Classes meet on this schedule:
|9:30-12:15||Semi-Intensive Program||Semi-Intensive Program||Special Topics Classes or Private Lessons Available||Semi-Intensive Program||Friday outing in Washington, D.C. (no additional charge, guests welcome)|
|12:45-2:15||Special topics workshop electives||Special topics workshop electives||Special topics workshop electives|
Add a fourth day of classes if you would like, on Wednesday, Friday, or Saturday. On Wednesdays, you can choose to add Special Topics Classes or Private Lessons. On Friday, you can add Private Lessons, and on Saturday, you can add Private Lessons or English for Workplace Communications Classes. Please contact us to discuss which option would fit best with your specific goals and interests.
Summer Youth Intensive: Please note that students 18 and under studying in June, July, and August, must enroll in a more structured, Full, Four-Day Intensive Program, designed for the needs of youth students. High-level students in this program will have an option to enroll in a workshop that permits them to study diplomacy and complete a diplomatic simulation designed by the U.S. State Department's U.S. Diplomacy Center. Please ask us for information about this special program opportunity.
- Semi-Intensive Program (M/Tu/Th, 9:30 a.m.-12:15 p.m.): $460/four-week term
- Semi-Intensive Program + Wednesday Morning Workshops (M/Tu/W/Th, 9:30 a.m.-12:15 p.m.): $550/four-week term
- Full Intensive Program (M/Tu/Th, Morning Program + Special Topics Workshops): $615/four-week term
- Full, Four-Day Intensive (M/Tu/Th 9:30 a.m.-2:15 p.m. + Wednesday Morning Workshops): $740/four-week term
- Private lessons may be added to either the Full Intensive or Semi-Intensive Program for $40/hour.
- Tuition for Partial Term: Tuition for a partial term is $210/week for the Full, Four-Day Program, $165/week for the Full, Three-Day program, and $130/week for the Semi-Intensive Program.
- Books & Materials: Included with Full, Four-Day Intensive program, maximum $50 for other students, when required.
- Registration Fee: One-time registration fee for new students is $40.
How to Enroll
Talk to us about your goals. Take a placement test (written test available online, with no cost and no commitment) to determine your level. Complete a registration form online. See our term dates on our website. Confirm enrollment in person or by email. Groups continue from term-to-term, with students progressing to higher levels. Continuing students do not repeat course material.
Intensive English Program classes meet for four-week terms. Groups are organized on a term-to-term basis. Continuing students progress to a higher level in the curriculum and do not repeat course materials.
- January 7-February 1, 2019
- February 4-March 1, 2019
- March 4-29, 2019
- April 1-May 3, 2019 (five weeks, tuition pro-rated)
- May 6-31, 2019
- June 3-28, 2019
- July 1-26, 2019
- July 29-August 23, 2019
- August 26-30 (one week interim term, tuition pro-rated)
- September 3-27, 2019
- September 30-October 25, 2019
- October 28-November 22, 2019
- November 25-December 20, 2019
Fun Activities Every Week!
All students are invited to participate in weekly, Friday activities such as visits to museums. Students pay for the Metro, and lunch if they would like, but admission to most museums is free. An English Now! staff member leads the group. See our Student Activity Calendar for details about weekly and other programs.
If you have questions, or to learn more on how to enroll in the English Now! Semi-Intensive and Intensive English Programs, please visit us at the school or contact us, or to enroll click here.