Improve Your English…Small Classes and a Special Environment!
These programs are especially for high beginner to advanced level students who prefer a three- or four-day per week program that follows a curriculum. Classes are small (maximum six students), so students receive personalized attention. Classes focus on all areas of language learning – speaking, listening, reading, vocabulary, grammar and writing.
- Gain confidence speaking and develop the skills to reach personal and professional goals.
- Learn and review essential grammatical constructions.
- Expand vocabulary by using new words in context of engaging materials and conversations.
- Develop listening, reading, and writing skills for a variety of situations.
Flexible Program Options
Choose the three-day program option that works best for you - semi-intensive morning classes until 12:15 p.m. or full intensive classes until 2:00 p.m. Classes meet on this schedule:
|9:30-12:15||Semi-Intensive Program||Semi-Intensive Program||Private Lessons or Special Topics Classes Available||Semi-Intensive Program||Friday outing in Washington, D.C. (no additional charge, guests welcome)|
|12:45-2:15||Special topics workshop (Pronunciation, Listening, or Writing)||Special topics workshop (Pronunciation, Listening, or Writing)||Special topics workshop (Pronunciation, Listening, or Writing)|
Add a fourth day of classes if you would like, on Wednesday, Friday, or Saturday. On Wednesdays, you can choose to add Private Lessons or Special Topics Classes. On Friday, you can add Private Lessons, and on Saturday, you can add Private Lessons or English for Workplace Communications Classes. Please contact us to discuss which option would fit best with your specific goals and interests.
Tuition (includes all books and materials for full term enrollments)*
- Full Intensive Program (Morning Program + Special Topics Workshops): $615/four-week term.
- Semi-Intensive Program (9:30 a.m. -12:15 p.m.): $460/four-week term
- Private lessons may be added to either the Full Intensive or Semi-Intensive Program for $40/hour.
- Tuition for Partial Term: Tuition for a partial term is $160/week for the Full Intensive Program or $130/week for the Semi-Intensive Program.
- Books & Materials: Included with the Full Intensive Program, maximum $50 for other students, when required.
- Registration Fee: One-time registration fee for new students is $40.
- September 4-28, 2018
- October 1-26, 2018
- October 29-November 21, 2018
- November 26-December 20, 2018
- January 7-February 1, 2019
- February 4-March 1, 2019
How to Enroll
Talk to us about your goals. Take a placement test (written test available online, with no cost and no commitment) to determine your level. Complete a registration form online. See our term dates on our website. Confirm enrollment in person or by email. Groups continue from term-to-term, with students progressing to higher levels. Continuing students do not repeat course material.
Intensive English Program classes meet for four or five-week terms, depending on the month. Groups are organized on a term-to-term basis. Continuing students progress to a higher level in the curriculum and do not repeat course materials.
Fun Activities Every Week!
All students are invited to participate in weekly, Friday activities such as visits to museums. Students pay for the Metro, and lunch if they would like, but admission to most museums is free. An English Now! staff member leads the group. See our Student Activity Calendar for details about weekly and other programs.