Get Ready for the Exam
English Now! TOEFL Preparation Courses meet one to three times per week for eight weeks. These courses are designed for English learners at the advanced level that are preparing for the TOEFL-iBT. Private lessons may also be arranged for students preparing for other standardized English proficiency exams.
The objectives for the course are to:
- Discuss each of the test sections and prepare for each section;
- Focus on the listening, reading, and speaking components of the examination by completing timed speaking exercises;
- Read sample questions and answers, and discuss raters’ expectations for the examination;
- Complete practice tests and discuss results;
- Use exercises from multiple texts to enhance skills required for the examination.
English Now! typically recommends that students study in semi-private lessons of two or three students. Small groups increase the attention provided to each student. The maximum number of students per class is six, ensuring that each student receives significant attention.
In addition, we have prepared a document that addresses Frequently Asked Questions about studying in a U.S. college or university. You may download our Higher Education FAQ.
A typical schedule for TOEFL Preparation programs at English Now! is as follows:
- Dates for Private and Semi-Private Lessons: As scheduled at the convenience of the student. Many students study in private lessons for three or four hours per week, for an eight-week term. We suggest semi-private lessons two times per week, for 90 minutes, during the fall when many students are preparing for the TOEFL test.
- Tuition: Varies depending on course format and schedule. Tuition for private lessons is $40. Tuition for semi-private lessons is $28 per student per class hour.
- Registration Fee: One-time registration fee of $40.
If you have questions, or to find out about our current TOEFL Preparation Course schedule, please visit us at the school, or contact us.