Improve Your English…Small Classes and a Special Environment!
These programs are especially for high beginner to advanced level students who prefer a three- or four-day per week program that follows a curriculum. Classes are small (maximum six students), so students receive personalized attention. Classes focus on all areas of language learning – speaking, listening, reading, vocabulary, grammar and writing.
- Gain confidence speaking and develop the skills to reach personal and professional goals.
- Learn and review essential grammatical constructions.
- Expand vocabulary by using new words in context of engaging materials and conversations.
- Develop listening, reading, and writing skills for a variety of situations.
Flexible Year-Round Program Options for Adult Students
Choose the three-day program option that works best for you - semi-intensive morning classes until 12:30 p.m. or full intensive classes until 2:30 p.m. Classes meet on this schedule:
|9:45-12:30||Semi-Intensive Program||Semi-Intensive Program||Special Topics Classes or Private Lessons Available||Semi-Intensive Program||Friday outing in Washington, D.C. (no additional charge, guests welcome)|
|1:00-2:30||Special topics workshop electives||Special topics workshop electives||Special topics workshop electives|
Add a fourth day of classes if you would like, on Wednesday, Friday, or Saturday. On Wednesdays, you can choose to add Special Topics Classes or Private Lessons. On Friday, you can add Private Lessons, and on Saturday, you can add Private Lessons or English for Workplace Communications Classes. Please contact us to discuss which option would fit best with your specific goals and interests.
Summer Intensive English Programs for Youth
English Now! welcomes dozens of youth students - age 14-25, high school and college students – to its Intensive English Program each summer. Between June and August, high school and college students from around the world can join a youth-centered Intensive English Program, meeting M/Tu/Th full day (9:45am-2:30pm), Wednesday mornings (9:45am-12:30pm), and Fridays for optional outings. Advance in your English language proficiency in small classes of six or fewer students, more quickly than you could imagine!
- Semi-Intensive Program (M/Tu/Th, 9:45 a.m.-12:30 p.m.): $460/four-week term
- Semi-Intensive Program + Wednesday Morning Workshops (M/Tu/W/Th, 9:45 a.m.-12:30 p.m.): $550/four-week term
- Full Intensive Program (M/Tu/Th, Morning Program + Special Topics Workshops): $615/four-week term
- Full, Four-Day Intensive (M/Tu/Th 9:45 a.m.-2:30 p.m. + Wednesday Morning Workshops): $740/four-week term
- Private lessons may be added to either the Full Intensive or Semi-Intensive Program for $43/hour.
- Tuition for Partial Term: Tuition for a partial term is $210/week for the Full, Four-Day Program, $165/week for the Full, Three-Day program, and $130/week for the Semi-Intensive Program.
- Books & Materials: Included with Full, Four-Day Intensive program, maximum $50 for other students, when required.
- Registration Fee: One-time registration fee for new students is $40.
How to Enroll
Talk to us about your goals. Take a placement test (written test available online, with no cost and no commitment) to determine your level. Complete a registration form online. Confirm enrollment in person, by email, or call us by phone or on WhatsApp at +1 301.718.3575.
Students enroll in the Semi-Intensive and Intensive English Program for four-week terms. Students start on Monday (Tuesday, if Monday is a holiday). Depending on the time of year, students join a newly-formed group or an existing group, at their level. Students stay in the program for an average of four to six months, in successive four-week terms, or based on holidays or student travel may enroll in a partial term of less than four weeks, if they wish. Continuing students progress to a higher level in the curriculum and do not repeat course materials.
Fun Activities Every Week!
All students are invited to participate in weekly, Friday activities such as visits to museums. Students pay for the Metro, and lunch if they would like, but admission to most museums is free. An English Now! staff member leads the group. See our Student Activity Calendar for details about weekly and other programs.
If you have questions, or to learn more on how to enroll in the English Now! Semi-Intensive and Intensive English Programs, please visit us at the school or contact us, or to enroll click here.